Hello friends, I am happy to share Forty-four by Marlon Cairenius with you. Also, unlike ‘Anthology Vol. 2’ which is the same as ‘Anthology Vol. 1’ in every way with the exception that its listed as Vol. 2. The ‘Forty-four release builds upon the ‘Forty-three’ release in several ways. The goal with ‘Forty-four’ was to improve the music experience by remastering some of the recordings. The track listing or order was changed by removing some and by adding others in hopes of giving this compilation a real face-lift. Work on this release began on April 23, 2022 for Marlon’s 44th Birthday and was completed May 15th 2022.
1. Something to this (Mp3 / Ogg) was made using the ‘Something oR other’ recording from the ‘Forty-three’ collection. Although it has a new name, its still ‘Something oR other’ with some Modular action added to the the recording. This version was made April 26, 2022 using Acid pro 10, Goldwave and Audacity with an old modular and some Native Instruments sound packs.
2. Lengthy Tale (Mp3 / Ogg) was taken from Marlon’s 2004 release of ‘Beyond the barrier’ which you can find on this site. On April 25, 2022 it was reprocessed and tweaked by R.h.oZ with ‘REAPER’ with a few ‘iZotope’ plugins. A tempo change was made and some compression was added.
3. Old Timey Wimey (Mp3 / Ogg) was originally called ‘Old Tunes’ and was released in 2014 under the the band name ‘M-Castles’. The full version of this recording was included in the ‘Forty-two’ release. In 2021 a new cut of ‘Old Tunes’ which was a shorter version of the original, this was done with a small edit in Goldwave. The track was cut down and a small fade was added at the end with goldwave. Audacity was used to tag and convert the format to Ogg. On April 24, 2022 R.h.oZ began working on this track and renamed it to ‘Old Timey Wimey’ which is a Doctor Who reference. The following were used to create this recording includes a copy of ‘Old Tunes (2021 Edit)’ recording, Acid pro 10, Reaper, goldwave, iZotope plugins and a few Native Instruments sound packs.
4. Excuse Me Sorry ( No Worries ) (Mp3 / Ogg) was renamed version of ‘Excuse Me Sorry I Apologize’ which was taken from the 2005 album ‘The confusion matrix’ by Marlon Cairenius. On April 25, 2022 R.h.oZ re-worded and mixed this recording. The following were used to create this recording includes a copy of ‘Excuse Me Sorry I Apologize’ in a low bitrate mp3 format, Acid pro 10, Reaper, goldwave, iZotope plugins and a few Native Instruments sound packs.
5. Public Property (Mp3 / Ogg) is a strange deep trip out of your mind and makes me think of the Pink Dots. The original recording was made around 2009 with the spunjet crew. In 2021 a new cut was included in the ‘Forty-three’ release which was almost the same as the original 2009 recording except that some of the peaks were reduced and the ending was trimmed just a little. The small edit was done with Goldwave and the conversion to Ogg and tags were done with Audacity. On April 25 2022 R.h.oZ revisited the 2021 cut and added some new layers and made some edits to the recording. This 2022 cut of ‘Public Property’ by Marlon Cairenius was made possible with the help of Acid pro 10, Reaper, goldwave and a few iZotope plugins. Also, a new and currently unnamed Sample pack from Spunjet Baby was used in this recording. Work in this recording was completed on April 27th 2022.
6. Crypto Vanity (Mp3 / Ogg) was taken from the 2003 album ‘Royal Spacey’ by Marlon Cairenius. The original release had ‘Crypto Vanity’ listed as ‘Cryptovannity’. Beging on April 26, 2022 R.h.oZ began work and added some additional layers to the ending of the song. In addition to a ‘Akai MPK Mini’, Acid pro 10, Reaper, Goldwave and iZotope Neutron Elements 3 were used in this recording. Work in this recording was completed on April 27th 2022.
8. What is this? (Mp3 / Ogg) was released in 2013 as part of Spunjet Baby’s ‘The collective Source’ and was also included in the ‘Now For Some Marlon’ release in 2014. No changes where made and it remains as track 8.
9. The Furry Business Man (Mp3 / Ogg) grows on you. This song came from the 2005 album ‘The confusion matrix’ On April 27th 2022 R.h.oZ revisted this wonderfull track and added some texture to the recording and reworded the ending. Work ended on May 1st 2022.
11. Good Day (Mp3 / Ogg) was taken from the 2007 album ‘Forgotten Ideas’ by Marlon Cairenius. Only a few edits were made to this recording. A small edit at the beginning and a few seconds were removed from the end.
15. Testing…Testing, one two three (Mp3 / Ogg) was made with ‘What You Think’, which is just one of many recordings from Marlon I found in my Inbox over the years. I received this one back in 2014 and I was playing with it in Goldwave on May 1st, 2021 and this odd recording is what came of it.
18. Your Just Walking (Mp3 / Ogg) was built with the 2010 track ‘Shall I Flip’ in May of 2022. Only a piece of Marlon’s vocal track was used for this recording. Everything else was created by R.h.oZ with ‘Spunjet Baby’ and ‘Native Instruments’ sample packs. In addition to a ‘Akai MPK Mini’, Acid pro 10, Reaper, Goldwave and iZotope Neutron Elements 3 were used in this recording.
20. Ooohhh! (Mp3 / Ogg) was created by Marlon Cairenius by reworking and building upon the source stems of ‘Reverberate’ by R.h.oZ. This recording was made for a 2008 ‘Scalpel Stitch’ AKA ‘Soundscape Fusion’ release from the mode series called the Experiment.
21. Shall I Flip (Just Walking) (Mp3 / Ogg) was built with the 2010 track ‘Shall I Flip’ in May of 2022. This is Marlon’s vocal track from the ‘Shall I Flip’ recording from the Spunjet Baby The collective Source sound pool.
22. Pump That Muscle (Mp3 / Ogg) was recorded in 2011 for the Spunjet release ‘The collective Source’. This track has a classical feel with an outsider spirit in your mind. I really enjoy this unusual piece and for for some reason it makes me feel that time is just ticking away. The only change here from the ‘Forty-two’ version, was that a little was trimmed off the end.
35. More White Noise (Mp3 / Ogg) was built with the 2021 recording ‘White Noise’ and ‘Smell Things’ from the 2014 ‘Now for some Marlon’ soundpool. Tools used for this recording include a Modular with additional sounds from Spunjet Baby and Native Instruments, Acid Pro 10, Goldwave and an A.I. that was created using the Python
36. Smooth Reposition (Mp3 / Ogg) has it’s roots in Marlon’s 2009 release of ‘Piano & Bass’ and with Spunjet’s SPU-12: Smooth release which included all the tracks from ‘Piano & Bass’, including all the stems and a 4th track. ‘Smooth Reposition’ continues where ‘Smooth Transition’ from the ‘In Spirit’ Ep left off.
Thank you for listening…